Adjusted Resident Credit (ARC)
The following conditions governing eligibility will apply:
- Student must have separated from ODU (voluntarily or through suspension) for at least one calendar year.
- Prior to the one year's absence, the student must have a cumulative GPA less than 2.00.
- Upon return/readmission, a full-time student must have attained a 2.00 grade point average for all work attempted since his or her return and must have completed a minimum of 12 semester hours. There may be no incomplete grades in the record. Courses that do not compute in the grade point average will not count toward the minimum of 12 semester hours.
- Student must submit the application for ARC to the Registrar's Office upon completing 12 credit hours.
Under the ARC option:
- Students will keep credit for courses in which grades of A, B, or C were earned prior to readmission.
- Students will lose credit for courses in which grades of C-, D or F were earned prior to readmission.
- The new GPA begins with the first 12 credit hours earned upon returning to ODU.
- ARC can only be used once during the student's career at ODU.
Students may elect to use both grade forgiveness and the ARC policy. However, students cannot use grade forgiveness for individual coursed for which adjusted resident credit already has been applied.