Mail credentials to
Old Dominion University
Office of Admissions
108 Alfred B. Rollins Jr. Hall
Norfolk, VA 23529-0050
Freshman Application Checklist
- $50 fee (non-refundable)
- Official High School Transcript or GED Transcript
- Official SAT/ACT scores*
- Activity Resume (optional)
- 1-3 Letters of Recommendation (optional)
- Essay - 400 word maximum, topic of your choice (optional)
- Official AP test scores or Dual Enrollment Transcript (optional)
* Applicants who chose not to participate in Score Choice, the SAT score-reporting policy, benefit as ODU will receive all test results and can review the highest section scores from multiple test dates.
ODU's new "Test Optional" program allows high school students with at least a 3.3 GPA in a rigorous, college preparatory curriculum seeking first-time entry to the university the option to be considered for admission without regard to SAT or ACT results. Students selecting to be reviewed by the test optional program may still be considered for merit-based scholarships by submitting SAT or ACT test scores even if they wish for them not to bear on their admission application. Please note not all applicants may be eligible to be considered for review under the test optional alternative nor does selection of test optional guarantee admission to the university.
Students who graduated from high school or received a GED more than two years ago and who never enrolled at a regionally accredited college or university.
Non-traditional freshman applicants who graduated more than three years ago are not required to submit official SAT/ACT test scores.
- If you choose to send credentials to our office via the mail, please send all credentials in one envelope to expedite the application process.
- In order to correctly match credentials to applications, please list your complete legal name and date of birth on all documents.
- Admission to Old Dominion University does not guarantee admission to a specific degree program. The following programs require an additional application once a student has been admitted to the university: Cytotechnology, Dental Hygiene, Environmental Health, Medical Technology, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Nursing and Ophthalmic Technology.
- Once admitted a $200 non-refundable admission deposit is required to secure your place in the incoming class and is applied toward your tuition and fees.