[ skip to content ]


Frequently Contacted Offices for International Students


Checklist for Graduating Students

Checklist of items as you come to the end of your academic program.

F-1 and J-1 Students Bringing Dependents to the U.S.

Students in F-1 or J-1 status may request documentation from Old Dominion University which will allow the spouse and/or dependent children to join them in F-2 or J-2 status.

Financial Documentation Requirements

If you are required to show financial documentation for your visa document request, the documentation must meet certain USCIS guidelines. Failure to abide by these guidelines will prevent us from processing your request.

International Student Health Insurance Requirement

ALL F-1 and J-1 students must have insurance approved by Old Dominion University.


Holds on students' accounts may prevent them from registering for classes. Check out the list of codes and how to get these issues resolved.

Virginia Driver's License or State ID Card

The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) of the Commonwealth of Virginia requires two items of identification before an individual will be issued either a Virginia driver's license or a non-driver's identification card.

Visas for Visiting Family & Friends

If you would like family to come for your graduation, please note that VISA does not write letters of invitation as the letter should be written by you.

New International Student Presentations

New Students will find all presentations from VISA here. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the information presented here.