[ skip to content ]
November 13, 2013
- Discussions are beginning with faculty senate to consider proposing and passing a resolution in support of providing partner/spouse benefits to LGBTQ faculty and staff. Other Virginia schools have also been encouraged to pass similar legislation.
- Dr. Dana Heller presented on the Gay Cultural Studies program. We discussed the importance of supporting all of the initiatives on campus.
- Dana shared - Through grassroots fundraising and public awareness of issues germane to the diverse and vibrant LGBT community in Hampton Roads, the Old Dominion University Gay Cultural Studies Advisory Council is establishing a program, unique in Virginia's academic community that focuses on the contributions, concerns, and challenges associated with LGBT culture. The Gay Cultural Studies program promotes academic research and provides graduate and undergraduate educational opportunities. Moreover, the Gay Cultural Studies program engages the local Hampton Roads LGBT community through ongoing dialogue and community outreach. - See more at: http://www.odu.edu/gcs#sthash.WU0F5mVn.dpuf
- For more information contact:
Eminent Scholar and Chair
Department of English
Old Dominion University
Norfolk, VA 23529
- Human Resources will be presenting at our December 11 meeting.
- A brief survey will be sent to the membership for feedback on possible meeting days and times for next semester and topics of interest.
- Reminders-we are still soliciting interest in others serving in leadership roles; dues may be given to the ODU Credit Union