Financial Aid Information for
Every incoming student is encouraged to apply for fInancial aid through Old Dominion's Financial Aid Office. After applying for financial aid, our staff will be able to determine what financial aid options are available and best for you. Following are some helpful links to get you started in the Financial Aid Process.
Students who have not previously applied for financial aid should begin by applying for Financial Aid first.
Graduate students typically rely on Federal loan programs, graduate assistantships, tuition unfunded scholarships, work-study programs, fellowships, scholarships and/or work outside the University to finance graduate school.
Students taking classes through an approved Old Dominion's Distance Learning site are eligible to receive Financial Aid.
Old Dominion University understands the financial concerns parents might face when sending their children off to college. With the aid of the financial aid office, our staff will be able to help our students pay for their college education regardless of their economic circumstances.
Summer aid is generally limited to loans, and in some cases, Federal Pell Grant eligibility. Not all students qualify.
Financial Aid Notifications
2014-2015 FAFSA Submission
If you are interested in receiving Financial Aid for the 2014-2015 academic year, the 2014-2015 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) should be filed with the federal processor at www.fafsa.gov now. Priority funding consideration will be given to those students whose processed FAFSA results are received in our office by February 15, 2014.
The amount of Federal Pell Grant funds a student may receive over his or her lifetime is limited by a new federal law to be the equivalent of six years of Pell Grant funding. This recent change affects awards for the 2012-2013 school year and beyond.
Award Notification Timeline
- Spring 2014 Incoming student notification will begin in April.
- Fall 2014 Incoming student notification will begin in March
- Current and Readmit 2014 student notification will begin in April.
- How to Accept Financial Aid Online
- Beginning with the 2012-2013 award year, the United States Department of Education has made a significant change to the documentation requirements for applications selected for verification.
- Effective July 1, 2012: Significant changes to the Federal Student Loan program.