The Gene W. Hirschfeld School of Dental Hygiene is committed to providing you with educational experiences that meet state licensure requirements and that are relevant to your needs for practice. We are pleased to serve as an educational resource for your continuing competency and lifelong learning.
We now offer 2 methods of registration:
- Online: Register Here.
- Telephone: Call Continuing Education Operations (757) 683-4247 weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to register by phone with a credit card. Please reference the course numbers below when registering.
Continuing Dental Hygiene Education Winter Weekend
The completely renovated Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel will be our setting again for 2014!
February 21-23, 2014 Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, Virginia Beach, VA
An Intensive Continuing Education program designed to provide participants with 15 CE hours all in one weekend.
- Hearing the Silent Cry for Help Presenter: Linda Blackiston RDH, BS
- Medical Histories and Emergencies in the Dental Office Presenter: Cindy Kleiman, RDH, BS
- So This Patient Walks into the Office - Everyday Encounters with Oral Pathology Presenter: Alice Curran, DMD, MS
- Human Papilloma Virus: Implications for Dental Hygiene Practice Presenter: Jacquelyn Fried, RDH, MS
- The 2011 Mega-Disaster in Japan: Implications for Dental Professionals Presenter: Steven Becker, PhD
- Dental Radiographic Imaging for Disaster Victim Identification (DVI) Presenter: Tara Newcomb, RDH, MS and Ann Bruhn, RDH, MS
RDH Early Bird Registration Discount:
$220 RDH Term 201335 CN 90101 Before 1/17/14
$270 RDH Term 201335 CN 90102 After 1/17/14
Call 757-683-4247 or download a registration form to register today! Last year's event sold out!
Visit:https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/res?id=1309093507&key=EDAAB to book a room reservation at the Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel or call 757-425-9000. Mention you are an ODU Winter Weekend participant to take advantage of the special $101 nightly room rate.
Click here to download the 2014 Winter Weekend Registration Form
Local Anesthsia/Nitrous Oxide Sedation Certification for Dental Hygienists
The School of Dental Hygiene is offering this 36-hour continuing education course on the following dates:
- July 11-14, 2014 Term 201415 CN 90004
Course fee: $1,299.00
Limited to 30 participants
Call Continuing Education Operations (757) 683-4247 weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to register by phone with a credit card. Please reference the course number above when registering.
Written refund requests received at least 1 week prior to the start of the course will be assessed a $50 cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than 1 week prior to the start of the course. Registration fees for cancelled registrations may not be applied to future events. The sponsor reserves the right to cancel any course, in which case the registration fee will be fully refunded.
Dental Radiation Safety Certification
- June 4 & 7, 2014 Term #201345, CN #90009
- September 18 & 20, 2014 Term #201415, CN #90008 (Class meets on Thursday & Saturday)
- October 22 & 25, 2014 Term #201425, CN #90005
Class meets on Wed. 6pm-9pm and continues on Sat. 8:30am-4:30pm.
Designed to prepare on-the-job trained dental assistants for successful completion of the examination leading to a dental radiation certificate. Lecture and lab activity cover radiation physics, biology, protection, and regulations guiding the use of ionizing radiation. Technical competency is NOT covered in this course. Must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
To register, call the CE Office directly at 757-683-4247
Course fee: $175.00
Limited to 32 participants
For more information about dental hygiene CE course offerings, contact Ann M. Bruhn, Continuing Education Coordinator at 757-683-3851 or email@example.com.