Leave policies and procedures for classified employees comply with the provisions of the Policies and Procedures Manual issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Human Resource Management. The leave policies allow classified employees to take paid and unpaid leave for several reasons, such as vacation, personal illness or family-related matters. These guidelines summarize the policies used to provide these types of leave, record keeping requirements and supervisor's responsibilities.
Leave Types & Application
- Annual Leave
- Civil & Work Related Leave
- Compensatory Leave
- Family & Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Leave Sharing
- Leave Without Pay
- Leave to Donate Bone Marrow or Organs
- Military Leave - Reserves
- Overtime Leave
- Public Health Emergency Leave
- Recognition Leave
- School Assistance & Volunteer Service Leave
- Sick Leave
- Time Loss
- Unauthorized Leave
- Virginia Sickness & Disability Program
- Worker's Compensation Leave
Classified employees accrue annual leave, which allows them to continue to receive full pay when they take time off from work.
Part-time classified employees accrue annual leave on a prorated basis for each pay period of service.
All leave transactions are processed in the Banner Payroll system.