- History & Social Justice
- Personal Fitness & Health
- Pre-clinical Psychology
- Crisis Communication & Climate Change
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Public Journalism in Digital Age
- Positive Communication
- Environmental Stewardship
- Writing for College Success
- Writing for College Success in Engineering
- Biology that Matters
- Disruptive Technologies in Healthcare
- Forensic Psychology & the Serial Killer
- Advanced Chemistry & Research Apprenticeship
- Creative Writing & Literary Research
- SCI-WRI: Research Writing in the Sciences
- Health Professions
Disruptive Technologies in Healthcare -CS MAJORS OR HONORS COLLEGE
Students will study how computers have unexpectedly displaced established medical and health care technologies and how this displacement has had direct and indirect impact on health care costs. Using a case study approach, students will also learn about innovations in computer-assisted surgery and image guided therapy. Problem solutions will need only a background in high school mathematics.
THIS COURSE WILL BE OFFERED IN THE SPRING OF 2015
Note: All URLC courses have registration blocks to ensure that they are reserved for URLC participants.
Students are encouraged to contact UGRlearningcommunities@odu.edu or the Honors College (3-4865) if interested in joining or learning more about an Undergraduate Research Learning Community. The HC will be happy to help first-year students find the right URLC.