- History & Social Justice
- Personal Fitness & Health
- Pre-clinical Psychology
- Crisis Communication & Climate Change
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Public Journalism in Digital Age
- Positive Communication
- Environmental Stewardship
- Writing for College Success
- Writing for College Success in Engineering
- Biology that Matters
- Disruptive Technologies in Healthcare
- Forensic Psychology & the Serial Killer
- Advanced Chemistry & Research Apprenticeship
- Creative Writing & Literary Research
- SCI-WRI: Research Writing in the Sciences
- Health Professions
Environmental Stewardship - ALL MAJORS
From the beginnings of the conservation movement and the Civilian Conservation Corps to the modern recreation movement and the competing priorities of economics and stewardship, writing for the environment has been key to understanding and reconciling these issues. Through memoirs, descriptive essays, personal reflection, literary analysis, movie/documentary reviews, a design project, a final research paper, class discussions, an online wiki/discussion board, and weekly free writes, you will improve your writing skills while you explore and discover your own experience and understanding of the role you might take in your academic and professional life as it relates to conservation, recreation, stewardship and environmental issues.
If you are interested in joining this community, simply register for the following section of ENGL 110C:
- 10716 ENGL 110C Environmental Stewardship MW 5:45-7:00 PM
Note: All URLC courses have registration blocks to ensure that they are reserved for URLC participants.
Students are encouraged to contact UGRlearningcommunities@odu.edu or the Honors College (3-4865) if interested in joining or learning more about an Undergraduate Research Learning Community. The HC will be happy to help first-year students find the right URLC.