- History & Social Justice
- Personal Fitness & Health
- Pre-clinical Psychology
- Crisis Communication & Climate Change
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Public Journalism in Digital Age
- Positive Communication
- Environmental Stewardship
- Writing for College Success
- Writing for College Success in Engineering
- Biology that Matters
- Disruptive Technologies in Healthcare
- Forensic Psychology & the Serial Killer
- Advanced Chemistry & Research Apprenticeship
- Creative Writing & Literary Research
- SCI-WRI: Research Writing in the Sciences
- Health Professions
Social Entrepreneurship - ALL MAJORS
Instructor: Connie Merriman
Social entrepreneurs combine the knowledge and skills used in traditional business with a passionate commitment to having a meaningful and sustainable social impact. Social entrepreneurs apply their passion and skill to enrich the lives of people who are poor, sick or disenfranchised. The best social entrepreneurs find creative ways to help the disadvantaged help themselves, by building innovative and sustainable new -social‖ enterprises that can be scaled to achieve significant social change. Over the course of the semester, we will study social enterprises from around the world in order to help you understand the field and to begin to define social entrepreneurship in your own way. Working with the ENACTUS student group, you will take what you have learned into the field to learn directly from social entrepreneurs while touching the lives of the poor, the sick and the disadvantaged.
If you are interested in joining this community, simply register for the following section of HNRS 226:
- 20342 HNRS 226 UG Research: Social Entrepreneurship
Note: All URLC courses have registration blocks to ensure that they are reserved for URLC participants.
Students are encouraged to contact UGRlearningcommunities@odu.edu or the Honors College (3-4865) if interested in joining or learning more about an Undergraduate Research Learning Community. The HC will be happy to help first-year students find the right URLC.