New Transfer Student:
A New Transfer student is any incoming student to ODU who has never taken any courses at Old Dominion University and is transferring in existing credits from another institution of higher education.
We are glad that you are interested in on-campus housing at Old Dominion University. We have tremendous interest in on-campus housing for the 2013-2014 academic year, and must at this point stop accepting on-campus housing applications from new transfer students. We offer full off-campus housing services via our website (http://www.odu.edu/offcampushousing), including listings for local options in the surrounding area and resources to help guide you in this process.
If you have already completed an application
By applying for housing at Old Dominion University, you are agreeing to the full Terms and Conditions of the Housing and Dining Agreement and entering into a legally binding agreement.
For the purposes of our housing assignment process, New Incoming Transfer Students are defined as any new, incoming students that do not currently have on-campus housing and do not currently attend ODU. New Incoming Transfer Students are not guaranteed on-campus housing, but will be provided on-campus housing as space permits so it is of vital importance to apply as soon as possible to increase your chances.
Please take some time to review the information on our website to ensure that you have a full understanding of the process as it may help alleviate any tensions or concerns you may have. If at any time you have questions or would like to speak with someone directly, please do not hesitate to contact our office at email@example.com or at 757-683-4283 (Toll Free 800-766-0833).
We look forward to having you join our community and wish you the best of luck here at Old Dominion University!
Understanding the Application Process
- It is important to note that by applying for housing and completing the application process, you have agreed to a legally binding agreement and made a financial commitment to live on campus at ODU for the 2013-2014 Academic year.
- Incoming Transfer students are not guaranteed on-campus housing, but will be assigned as space permits.
- Assignments will not be facilitated until summer (typically by mid-July); charges will not appear on your student account until early August.
- Checking Your ODU Email - all communications during this process will go to your ODU email account, so please be sure to check it regularly for updates and information.
- Apply early! This increases your chance to get your choice of building.
- Review refund policy - The $250 deposit ($50 application fee is non-refundable) is refundable if a cancellation on-line in the Student Housing Portal before May 15, 2013 for the fall semester.
- Review Assignment Policy - Acceptance of the Housing and Dining Agreement does not guarantee a specific room assignment.
- Submit your Application - Complete the Housing & Residence Life on-line Application, with the $250.00 payment ($200.00 deposit and $50.00 non-refundable application fee, accepted on-line.
When applying for housing, students can list up to three housing preferences. Please make sure that you list multiple options and review the different amenities and features of the residential communities. Preferences of room assignments are made in date order; the eariler you complete your on-line application and payment, the more likely you are to receive your preferred housing assignment.