New Scholarship Opportunity for Part-time Students
The Dr. Bruce L. Rubin Endowed MBA Scholarship
The recipient will be a newly-admitted and enrolled part-time student in the MBA program at the College of Business and Public Administration, with an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.2, and a GMAT Total score of at least 600. Preference is given to a student who demonstrates volunteer service to the local business community. Candidates are selected during the admissions application process; so no additional application is required. A competitive admissions portfolio will serve as application for the scholarship.
Criteria used for admission include the candidate's
- score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) preferably or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE),
- undergraduate grade averages and trend of the grades during the undergraduate work,
- one letter of reference from a professor (if currently a student) or supervisor,
- a goals statement (approximately 500 words), and work experience (resume). College-level calculus is required of all applicants. Students may be admitted without calculus but must complete a course at least equivalent to MATH 200: Calculus for Business & Economics during the first semester of MBA coursework. Non-business majors entering the program will cover calculus in the pre-core, so no other pre-requisites are required.
Prospective students may apply for entrance into the program for the fall or spring semesters. The MBA Program welcomes applications from men and women who have earned a bachelor's degree with any undergraduate major from an accredited institution. Admission to the program is competitive and is granted only to those who show high ability and likely success in graduate business study. Evidence of ability means that applicants stand well above average on most criteria.
- All applications must be completed online.
- Materials for non-visa bearing students should be submitted to Graduate Admissions, 220 Rollins Hall, Norfolk, VA 23529.
- If you will be submitting your application in stages, please be certain to complete the application first to ensure that all supporting materials attach to your portfolio efficiently.
- Domestic student application issues, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office at 757-683-3685, toll-free 800-348-7926 or email email@example.com.
- Visa bearing students should contact the Office of International Admissions, 2101 Dragas Hall, Norfolk, VA 23529.
At ODU, graduate students engage in small classes with dedicated faculty who are professionals in their fields. Each of our graduate programs offer challenging courses as well as excellent research opportunities.
Adjacent to Norfolk's urban center, Old Dominion University is a state assisted, regionally accredited doctoral research institution, enrolling an international student and scholar population of over 1,100.
- Application (available only online), including resume & essay
- $50 Application Fee (waived for ODU alumni)
- Tuition Rate Determination Form (for in-state tuition purposes)
- Official GMAT scores (or GRE if previously taken within the past 5 years)
- ALL official transcripts for undergraduate & graduate coursework
- Letter of recommendation
- Official TOEFL scores (international students only)
- College-level calculus is required of all applicants
|Fall Semester||Domestic Students
|Spring Semester||Domestic Students
GMAT / GRE
ALL applicants are required to submit official GMAT or GRE scores regardless of their educational or professional background. Scores are valid for five years. For more information regarding the GMAT, call 1.800.GMAT.NOW or visit MBA.com. For more information regarding the GRE, call 1.866.473.4733 or visit the GRE web site.
GMAT Study Resources
- Old Dominion University Executive Development Center
- The Princeton Review
- MBA Applicant Consulting
- Barron's Educational Books
- Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions
International Students: English Proficiency Requirements
Applicants whose native tongue is not English are also required to submit an acceptable score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The MBA Program's acceptable minimum to be admitted to the MBA Program is 550/213. The TOEFL is valid for only two years.
We may accept IELTS. The minimum acceptable score is 6.5. Please see International Admissions for further information.