How to Maximize Your Tutoring Experience
- Bring QUESTIONS! You should attempt your homework to the best of your ability before going to the tutoring center, so you know what questions you have and the tutors can better help you.
- Come Prepared! Bring class materials such as your book, notes, homework, study guides, etc.
- Don't wait until the last second to get help! Give yourself plenty of time to review and understand the material because you cannot cram for math or chemistry!
Math and Science Resource Center
MSRC Tutors Will:
- Respect each student as a unique individual
- Answer your questions to the best of their ability or refer you to someone who can
- Give students their undivided attention when they come to the MSRC for tutoring
MSRC Tutors Will Not:
- Do your homework for you or just give you the answers
- Transmit math or chemistry knowledge through telepathy or osmosis
- Help you cram for a test 10 minutes before it begins
The Writing Center
The Writing Center is the campus service that helps Old Dominion University students address writing questions, such as...
- How do I start this paper?
- Am I fulfilling the assignment?
- How effective is my approach to this text?
- What will my audience think of what I have written?
- What are the best strategies for passing the Writing Placement Exam and the Exit Exam of Writing Proficiency?
- When I have a final draft, how do I revise and copyedit (i.e., fix the grammatical errors) this paper?
The Writing Center works with both undergraduate and graduate students in all disciplines to prepare them for the challenges of composing essay assignments, test preparation, seminar papers, theses, dissertations, and application materials. Please contact us for more information.
The Writing Center also helps instructors across the campus with the writing they ask students to do by giving presentations on writing issues and consulting with individual instructors. We also offer several workshops throughout the semester to help students on specific writing issues.