Congratulations to the 2013-2014 Sophomore Stars!
Become a Sophomore Star!
The Sophomore Star Program will foster your academic, social, and personal growth throughout your sophomore year and help to prepare you for a successful transition to your junior year. During the program you will develop an academic success plan for graduation and beyond, as well as gain a better understanding of the many opportunities available to you in the areas of undergraduate research, leadership, internships, and study abroad.
All Sophomore Stars will complete the following:
- Attend monthly Sophomore Stars group meetings.
- Attend a sophomore success college luncheon.
- Collaborate to plan an event for sophomore students.
- Participate in and/or plan a community service project.
- Attend two additional campus programs each semester.
- Meet with a peer mentor.
- Participate in a common read.
- Meet with a Sophomore Advisor for success and graduation planning once a semester.
- Develop a personal map to identify goals related to education, career, and leadership.
If you are interested in joining the Sophomore Stars, visit MonarchLink or contact Liz Boyd at email@example.com or (757)683-7099.