Go to MIDAS website (midas.odu.edu)
Monarch-Key Log in screen: This page will appear when accessing most ODU online services.
MIDAS (Monarch Identification and Authorization System) is ODU's log-in ID and password management system that enables you to access the University's integrated technology services. You will use your MIDAS ID and password to log into most University applications and resources such as: e-mail, Blackboard, myODU Portal, Leo Online, Banner and many other important resources.
When you create a MIDAS ID and password, you will create a security profile that will make it possible for you to reset your MIDAS password online even if you do not know the current password. After your MIDAS account is created, you will only log into MIDAS if you need to change your password or your Security Profile.
Every MIDAS user must read and accept the Acceptable Usage policy and take online training on an annual basis. Depending on your University affiliation, you may also be required to take employee security training.
Monarch-Key Web Login
Monarch-Key Web Login lets you access ODU's essential academic and professional services with your MIDAS ID and password. Once you have authenticated to Monarch-Key, you can navigate from one service to another without having to log in again.
For security reasons, Monarch-Key sessions will time out after one hour; if you launch a web application more than an hour after the initial authentication, you will be prompted to log in to the system again.
Exit Browser to Log Out
Please note: Logging out of a web-authenticated service is not guaranteed until the user has properly exited the browser window. When all Monarch-Key Web Login sessions are completed the browser must be 'Closed' (Windows) or 'Quit' (Apple) to ensure the user is logged out of every service.
Create your MIDAS Account at the MIDAS website account creation page.
You have two options to create your MIDAS account. You can either use your" Leo Online" Credentials or the "Personal Information Validation". If you are unsure or do not have your "Leo Online" information, then skip over "Leo Online Validation" and use the "Personal Information Validation" process to create you account.
- Leo Online Validation
Enter your University ID (UIN) and PIN into the "Leo Online Validation" fields and then click on the "Leo Online Validation" button. (Don't know your UIN? Your UIN is sent to you when you are admitted to Old Dominion University. If you do not know or cannot find your UIN, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and date of birth, or call 757-683-4425 and you will be asked to provide information to prove your identity.)
- Personal Information Validation
Skip the Leo Online Validation and scroll down the page. Enter your personal information as instructed by gray boxes on the right-hand side of the screen. All fields are required.
2. Acceptable Usage Policy
Read the entire Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP). After reading the AUP select the "Accept" radio button and click "Submit".
3. MIDAS PIN
To make your account more secure, enter a 6-digit PIN number. Rules for the pin are in the gray box on the right-hand side of the screen. Click the "Set Pin" button.
4. Security Profile
The Security Profile is necessary to protect your privacy and the security of the network if you should forget your password.
The setup consists of 3 steps:
- In step 1 you choose a security token method. You have to choose at least one of them, but you can also choose multiple or all methods. Click the "Continue" button.
- Step 2 requires you choose a verification method. You have 2 choices: a text-based method or a color-based method. Move your mouse pointer over the choice names to see examples. Click the "Continue" button to go on. Depending on what you chose in step 2, the last step for the security profile is to complete either the "Questions and Answers" profile OR the "Color Grid Pattern" profile.
You are required to take one or more training courses during account setup. The number of courses depends on your role within the university (faculty, staff or student). Please read carefully, click the "next" button to go to the next page. On the last page, click the "Accept" button.
The final step in your account setup is the setting of a password. The password must follow certain rules to be valid as a MIDAS password. These rules ensure the security of your password and are listed in the grey box on the right-hand side of your screen. You will see a progress bar that indicates if all the password rules are complied with. The rules themselves change style once you comply with them, so you can adapt your new password accordingly. Click the "Change Password" button.
Your account is now set up. On the top of the page a message will appear that displays your new MIDAS ID. Please make sure to write down your MIDAS ID!
MIDAS passwords must be changed once every six months.
You will receive advance notifications via email that your MIDAS password will expire soon.
To change your MIDAS password:
- Visit the MIDAS Homepage and click 'Log in to MIDAS'. Log in with your MIDAS ID and your current MIDAS password.
- After logging in you will be presented with the Account Information page; Click 'Change Password' in the left-hand menu.
- Enter your new password (Note: Your new password must conform to all rules listed in the grey box on right side of the Change Password Page.) After you have selected your new password and re-typed it for verification Click the 'Change Password' button.
- Logout of MIDAS and login again with the new password to make sure that it works correctly.
You will be able to access LAN, MyODU Portal, and SpamTrap instantly with the new password. Email, Blackboard and LIONS2 can take a few hours or up to a day to pick up the password change.
If you do not remember your MIDAS password, please follow these steps:
- Click the link 'Forgot your password?' in the left side menu
- Enter your MIDAS ID and UIN
- If you have a PIN ot token, enter it as well
- Click the Continue button
- Answer the security profile question
- Upon successfully answering the question, create a new password
If you cannot successfully create a new password using your security profile, ITS will reset your MIDAS password. You will need to follow one of the following procedures:
- Come in person to the ITS Help Desk in Webb Center, present a picture ID and request to have their MIDAS password reset.
- If you are out of the area, you must fax (or email as an attachment) a copy of a picture ID to the Help Desk Desk.
Please include the following:
- Your full name
- Your UIN
- Your birth date
- A phone number
For additional information visit the MIDAS website forgotten password page.