Technology Classroom Locations
Technology classrooms are located in the following buildings. Click on the building name to see information about the classrooms.
- Batten Arts and Letters (BAL)
- Constant Hall (CONST)
- Diehn Fine and Performing Arts Center (DIEHN)
- Dragas Hall (DRGS)
- Education Building (ED)
- Student Recreation Center (SRC)
- Kaufman Engineering Hall (KAUF)
- Mills Godwin Life Sciences Building (MGB)
- Oceanography and Physics Building (OCNPS)
- Physical Sciences Building II (PSII)
- Health Sciences Building (HLTH)
Classroom Central provides equipment, services, and support to help faculty and students take full advantage of the technology available in the University's technology classrooms. All technology classrooms are equipped with a hotline phone that automatically dials the Help Desk in the event technical support is needed. Questions and comments about ODU's technology classrooms can be sent to email@example.com.
A Classroom Central Advisory Committee (CCAC) meets regularly to provide advice and guidance on classroom technology and makes decisions affecting the academic computing and communications environment.
Technology Classroom Equipment
All of our technology classrooms are equipped with a hotline phone, a computer, DVD/VCR or Blu-Ray/DVD player, laptop connection, data projector (mounted in the ceiling) and a sound system.
Classroom Central maintains minimal equipment for delivery to non-technology areas and/or to enhance existing environments. Equipment available for delivery includes:
- DVD Camcorder (you must supply your own mini DVD-RW disc available at the Monarch Techstore)
- Data Projector (you must supply your own laptop computer)
- Document Camera
- Microphone and PA system
- Student Response System (Clickers)
All computers in the technology classrooms are loaded with a standard suite of software.
For security purposes, access to technology classrooms and equipment must be requested by departments and/or faculty.
Training is required for any instructor using a technology classroom. Get in-person training or view a quick reference guide.
Faculty members have ability to record classroom lectures for students to access via Blackboard.