Risk Assessment is the process that will benefit both the individual department and the university as a whole. Completing such an analysis/assessment is extremely important in today's advanced technological world. It is important that users understand what risks exist in their information assets environment, and how those risks can be reduced or even eliminated.
Departments should conduct risk assessments and plans, in conjunction with data owners, every three years using the template and following instructions below.
System Risk Assessment
- System Risk Assessment Review Instructions (annually)
- System Risk Assessment Instructions (every 3 years)
- System Risk Assessment Template
- System Security Plan (for residual High or Moderate risks)
- System Inventory Instructions
- System Inventory Template