For admission as a regular student, the applicant must have earned a Master's degree from an accredited institution in either aerospace engineering, engineering mechanics, mechanical engineering, a related branch of engineering or a closely related field, such as physics or mathematics.
For those applicants with degrees in fields other than aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering or engineering mechanics, previous course work should include the subject matter considered prerequisite for the doctoral program in either aerospace engineering or engineering mechanics. In other cases, a remedial study plan may be designed by the GPD upon the applicant's request.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 on a 4.00 scale at the Master's level may be admitted as a regular graduate student.
- An applicant with a GPA of a least 3.25 and who shows evidence of improvement may be admitted as a provisional student. Students are transferred to regular status following completion of twelve semester hours of course work with a GPA of at least 3.00.
- GRE Scores. The GPD may waive the GRE requirement for applicants with Master's degrees in AE, EM or ME from ODU, or for applicants with exceptional academic achievements.
- TOEFL scores if applicable. A minimal score of 550 is required.
- International students must also submit a statement of adequate financial resources to cover their educational expenses. This requirement is satisfied if the Department offers financial aid through teaching or research assistantships, fellowships, etc.
||2 (from former or current professors)
||Yes (resume recommended)
||From all prior institutions