Humanities Institute Information Session 10/17/13
- Are you interested in careers in arts education, museum curating, community engagement, human rights, or public advocacy?
- Do you want to teach college-level art, art history, geography, philosophy, religious studies, or women’s studies courses?
- Are you concerned with social justice, environmental ethics or the roles that art & culture can play in promoting community dialog?
- Do you have an interest in how digital technologies are being used to challenge existing notions of identity, community, citizenship?
- Do you an investment in improving the lives of citizens in Hampton Roads?
Then you should consider pursuing a Master’s degree in the Humanities at Old Dominion University
Our graduates have gone on to work in diverse fields from art criticism to education, the justice system to community planning. The Humanities MA is an interdisciplinary degree program that allows students the flexibility to craft their own curriculum by taking up to half their classes across a dozen different departments. The Humanities Institute currently offers a concentration in Visual Studies as well as a graduate certificate in Women’s Studies.
We plan to offer certificates in Interfaith Understanding and LGBT Studies starting in Fall 2014. We currently offer Accelerated MA degrees in Cultural Geography, Philosophy, Visual Studies, and Women’s Studies
Please attend our upcoming info session to learn more about the program! Thursday October 17 from 12:30-1:15 in BAL 9024
For more info, please contact Stacey Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted By: Stacey Parks
Date: Wed Oct 09 11:15:20 EDT 2013