Programs All Weekend, or PAW for short, consists of cultural, social, educational, athletic, and just for fun events that occur on campus from Thursday through Sunday. PAW is sponsored by the offices in Student Engagement & Enrollment Services (SEES) is open to all students to participate.
Fall 2014 Schedule
|8/29||NPHC Yard Show||Kaufman Mall||7:30pm|
|9/5||Friday Night Live: Andrew Schulz from Guy Code||North Cafe, Webb Center||8pm-12am|
|9/6||| Intramural Sand Volleyball & Cornhole Tournament||Whitehurst Beach||10am-3pm|
|9/12||80's Skate Night||North Café, Webb Center||7pm-11pm|
|9/18||The Sound of Citizenship: Latinas/os, Language, & Media||Hampton/Newport News Room, Webb Center||6pm|
|9/19||Jammin' on the Lawn||SRC Lawn||6pm-12am|
|9/20||Explore VA: Downtown Norfolk||Bus Departs Lots 27 (Next to Scotland House)||9:30am-6pm|
|9/25||Monarch Wellness Color Fun Run/Walk||Kaufman Mall||12:40pm|
|9/25||Monarch Wellness Fair||Kaufman Mall||11am-2pm|
|9/26||ODU Adventures: Dave & Busters||Register on MonarchLink||7pm|
|10/2||We Are All Trayvon||North Café, Webb Center||8pm|
|10/16||Bridegroom Film & Lecture w/ Shane Bitney Crone||North Café, Webb Center||6:30pm|
|10/18||Explore VA: Colonial Williamsburg||11am-9:30pm|
|10/23||Body Love||North Café, Webb Center||8pm|
|10/24||Friday Night Live: Cirque Du ODU||North Cafe, Webb Center||8pm-12am|
|10/30||Leading Lady: Issa Rae||North Café, Webb Center||7:30pm|
|11/6||Homecoming Step Show||Ted Constant Convocation Center||7pm|
|11/7||Homecoming Concert||Ted Constant Convocation Center||8pm|
|11/8||Homecoming Parade||49th St & Hampton Blvd||11am|
|11/8||Homecoming Football Tailgate||Kaufman Mall||12:30pm|
|11/8||ODU v. FIU Football Game||Foreman Field||3:30pm|
|11/8||Homecoming Fireworks||Kaufman Mall||5:45pm|
|11/8||Homecoming Ball||North Café, Webb Center||9pm-1am|
|11/9||3rd Annual ODU Triathlon & Superhero Splash Dash||Student Recreation Center||9am & 11am|
|11/15||Explore Washington, DC||Bus Departs Lots 27 (Next to Scotland House)||6am-10pm|
|11/21||Friday Night Live: Salsa Magic||North Cafe, Webb Center||8pm-12am|
|12/5||ODU Adventures: Cinema Café||Register on MonarchLink||7pm|
How Student Organizations Can Apply
If your student organization would like to sponsor a PAW Event, you may be eligible to receive funding. If you are interested, please review the following guidelines and submit an application online via Monarch Link.
- To support and encourage PAW programming by student organizations.
- To provide funding for student organization events that are chosen as PAW programs.
- To provide marketing support for student organization events through the Division marketing efforts, which include PAW flyers, posters, banners, ads, etc.
- Event must be scheduled on a Friday night or anytime on a Saturday. If your event is a lecture, it may be scheduled on a Thursday.
- Event must be open to all ODU students.
- Event must take place on ODU's campus.
- Event must be free, unless admission charge is returned to the general PAW funds - no PAW events can be used as organization fundraisers.
- Space should already be confirmed for the submitted event(s).
- Student organization must be on-site for the entire event.
- An organization/event representative must be able to meet with Meghan Harr, Coordinator for Activities, in Leadership & Student Involvement a minimum of three times: approximately 6 weeks before the event, 1 week before the event, and within 2 weeks after the event for evaluation.
- Find the application on Monarch Link at: https://orgsync.com/3698/forms/60655
- Submit the application online to Leadership & Student Involvement- Attn: Meghan Harr.
- All applicants will receive a decision through e-mail.
How SEES Departments Can Apply
If your office or department would like to sponsor a PAW Event, you may be eligible to receive funding. If you are interested, please review the following guidelines and submit a funding request using Monarch Link to Leadership & Student Involvement (attn: Meghan Harr).
- Provide an additional funding opportunity to support new ideas and innovations in programming that are not a part of your office's annual budget.
- Ensure that ODU students have a host of cultural, social, educational, athletic, and just for fun events to choose from occurring on campus from Thursday through Saturday every weekend.
- To provide marketing support for events through the Division marketing efforts, which include PAW flyers, posters, banners, ads, etc.
- PAW events must be free to students unless the money charged goes back to the general PAW funds (no PAW events will be fundraisers).
- Maximum funding for any PAW event is $10,000. If the event costs more, funds must come from sponsoring departmental budgets or co-sponsorships.
- PAW funding will only be allocated for new initiatives or events. If funding is sought for an annual event, sponsor must demonstrate that there is a new aspect to the program which the money will be funding.
- For Thursday night lectures, there is a cap that student engagement and enrollment services departments can only have one per semester (unless co-sponsor). In addition, PAW money cannot be spent to bring back the same speakers that have already been on campus through PAW funds. This will ensure new lectures and a variety of lectures.
- Budgets have to be submitted for each event listing all expenses and contributions.
- PAW events can only be scheduled during the first day of class to the last day of class. PAW events should take place after 5pm on Thursday and Friday, and on Saturday or Sunday.
- Events must be finalized by July 1 for fall semester and December 1 for spring semester.
- All programs must submit the event attendance and a final budget within one month following the event. If program exceeds budget projections, department or organization is responsible for those costs.
- A flyer or website must be provided for all approved events, at least one month prior to the scheduled date.
- The sponsoring office or organization is responsible for reserving and confirming all necessary space before submitting applications. If the space you are trying to reserve is already booked by PAW or another office/organization, you should still get on the waitlist for the space.
- Find the application on Monarch Link at:https://orgsync.com/3698/forms/60655
- Submit the application online to Leadership & Student Involvement - Attn: Meghan Harr
- All applicants will receive a decision through e-mail.