News & Announcements
Tri-Cities Higher Education Center students and staff would like to welcome Lindsay Davis of the Teacher Education Services and Advising Office.
The Office of Teacher Education Services and Advising in the Darden College of Education supports teacher education programs in the College of Arts and Letters, the College of Science, and the Darden College of Education. In this role of support, the mission of the Office of Teacher Education Services and Advising is to provide, facilitate, promote and uphold the standards of Old Dominion University to grant undergraduate and graduate degrees with a teacher education emphasis in pk-3, pk-6, 6-8, 6-12, and k-12, supervision k-12 license, school counseling license, and speech language license, which are accredited by the National Council Association of Teacher Education (NCATE) and approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE).
Lindsay will be at our facility every Wednesday from 7:30am-5:00pm. Please call 757-686-6220 to schedule an appointment.
- Skip the tolls and take your classes at the Tri-Cities Higher Education Center.
The tolls for the Elizabeth River Tunnels (Midtown and Downtown Tunnels) start on February 1, 2014 and are expected to remain in place for 60 years. If you live, work or play in Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, and surrounding areas you can "skip the tolls" by taking your classes at the Tri-Cities Higher Education Center. We are a full-service facility offering undergraduate 300 and 400 level classes and graduate level classes in many degree programs offered by Old Dominion University. Save your money and come see us.
The cost for a car or truck with an E-ZPass is $.75 (off-peak hours) and $1.00 (peak hours). Peak hours are Monday through Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. All other times are considered off-peak hours. Registered, pre-paid, pay-by-plate cars and trucks are $1.50 (off-peak hours) and $1.75 (peak-hours). Unregistered, pay-by-plate vehicles are $2.25 (off-peak hours) and $2.50 (peak hours). For more information on the tolls and their impact go to, http://www.odu.edu/news/2014/1/ez_pass.
- Art Exhibits at Tri-Cities - Visit Tri-Cities to view art from students from Chesapeake Public Schools, Suffolk Public Schools and local artist Debbie Hobbs. They are displayed on the second floor of the building.
- Spring and Summer Semester - Registration for Spring and Summer semesters continues. If you have questions or concerns about registration for classes or other student services come by and see Ellen McClintock for assistance.
Important Dates for the Spring 2014 Semester
- Spring classes begin, January 11
- SPRING TUITION DEADLINE JANUARY 13, 2014*
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday, January 18-20
- DEADLINE TO DROP/ADD CLASSES, January 21
(NOTE: The last day to drop and/or add classes is the same day)
- Spring Holiday, March 10-15
- Spring classes end, April 29
- Reading Day, April 30
- Final Exams, May 1-8
- Spring Commencement Exercises, May 9-10
- Degree Conferral Date, May 10
- Institute for Learning in Retirement is sponsored by ODU. They offer Graduate level scholarships up to $1,500 per semester for two years. If interested go http://www.oduilr.com for details.
- Teacher Immersion Residency Program: Grant from U.S. Department of Education gives ODU seniors chance of a lifetime - read about our superlative ODU-Tri-Cities students!
- All students taking exams at Tri-Cities Center are required to present a government or ODU photo ID prior to taking the exams
Welcome to the Tri-Cities Higher Education Center homepage
Tri-Cities Higher Education Center is a "Gateway to the University."
The Old Dominion University Tri-Cities Higher Education Center is a full-service facility offering upper level undergraduate 300 and 400 level degree completion classes, graduate and certificate programs, admissions, registration, advising and other student services for residents of Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk and surrounding areas. Additionally, State-of-the-art conference rooms and instructional classrooms are available to public and private industries for continuing education purposes at competitive rental rates.