Freshman Summer Institute is a three-day intensive leadership program for incoming ODU freshmen held during the summer. FSI builds on the leadership skills of our new students and provides them with a jump-start to becoming acclimated to campus. The students participate in meals with faculty, staff and current leaders, a hands-on service project and many leadership experiences.
At the end of this program students will:
- Establish an academic and involvement goal
- Be more self aware of their personality preferences
- Develop skills to be able to successful work in groups and teams
- Be aware of involvement and leadership opportunities
- Be exposed to the Social Change Model of Leadership Development
Dates & Cost
Friday, July 12 - Sunday, July 14, 2013
Friday, July 19 - Sunday, July 21, 2013
The cost for the program is $50, and covers your two nights of on-campus housing, all meals during FSI, activities and all materials.
Note: FSI session 3 has been canceled. This session was originally scheduled for July 26-28. Students are encouraged to explore the Emerging Monarchs Program.
Click here for more information on the Emerging Monarchs.