The Department of Procurement Services is responsible for the procurement of goods, services and construction for the University.
To be a world class Procurement Services organization serving the best interests of the University in the profession, in the community, and in the marketplace.
Our mission is to provide innovative, value-added procurement and property control solutions and services which:
- Anticipate our customers' needs;
- Exceed our customers' expectations;
- Foster strong, continuing relations with our stake holders;
- Develop excellent business deals;
- Save tax dollars;
- Position Old Dominion University as a leader in promoting the socioeconomic interests of the Commonwealth.
Integrity Consistently honest and fair conduct in business and personal dealings.
Professionalism Maintaining an attitude that promotes and reinforces positive interactions conducive to producing quality work.
Customer Service Anticipating, meeting, and exceeding customer needs.
Legality Adherence to the law in all decisions.
Accountability Taking personal responsibility for what we do to ensure that our actions reflect the best interests of the University.