Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Coastal Engineering
- Estuarine and Coastal Hydrodynamics, Coastal Hazard Assessment, Sediment Transport Dynamics, Wetland Hydrodynamics, Sea Level Rise Impacts, Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Niroomandi, A., Ma, G., Ye, X., Lou, S., and Xue, P. (2018). Extreme value analysis of wave climate in Chesapeake Bay. Ocean Engineering, 159, pp. 22-36.
- Lou, S., Liu, S. G., Ma, G., Zhong, G. H., and Li, B. (2018). Fully integrated modeling of surface water and groundwater in coastal areas. Journal of Hydrodynamics, 30 (3), pp. 441-452.
- Su, S. F., and Ma, G. (2018). Modeling two-dimensional infragravity motions on a fringing reef. Ocean Engineering, 153, pp. 256-267.
- Sha, L., Shuguang, L., Chaomeng, D., An, T., Bo, T., Ma, G., Chalov, R. S., and Chalov, S. R. (2017). Heavy metal distribution and groundwater quality assessment for a coastal area on a chinese island. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 26 (2), pp. 733-745.
- Lou, S., Liu, S., Dai, C., Tao, A., Tan, B., Ma, G., Chalov, R. S., and Chalov, S. R. (2017). Heavy Metal Distribution and Groundwater Quality Assessment for a Coastal Area on a Chinese Island.. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 26 (3),
- Keshtpoor, M., Puleo, J. A., Shi, F., and Ma, G. (2015). 3D numerical simulation of turbulence and sediment transport within a tidal inlet. Coastal Engineering, 96, pp. 13-26.
- Ma, G., Kirby, J. T., Hsu, T., and Shi, F. (2015). A two-layer granular landslide model for tsunami wave generation: Theory and computation. Ocean Modelling, 93, pp. 40-55.
- Su, S. F., Ma, G., and Tsu, T. W. (2015). Boussinesq modeling of spatial variability of infragravity waves on Fringing reefs. Ocean Engineering, 101, pp. 78-92.
- Grilli, S. T., O'Reilly, C., Harris, J. C., Bakhsh, T. T., Tehranirad, B., Kirby, J. T., Baxter, C., Eggeling, T., Ma, G., and Shi, F. (2015). Modeling of SMF tsunami hazard along the upper US East Coast: Detailed impact around Ocean City, MD. Natural Hazards, 76, pp. 705-746.
- Ma, G., Han, Y., Niroomandi, A., and Liu, S. (2015). Numerical study of sediment transport on the tidal flat with a patch of vegetation. Ocean Dynamics, 65, pp. 203-222.
- Tian, M., Sheremet, A., Kaihatu, J. M., and Ma, G. (2015). On the shoaling of solitary waves in the presence of short random waves. Journal of Physical Oceanography, 45, pp. 792-806.
- Tappin, D. R., Grilli, S. T., Harris, J. C., Geller, R. J., Masterlark, T., Kirby, J. T., Shi, F., Ma, G., Thingbaijam, K. K., and Mai, P. M. (2014). Did a submarine landslide contribute to the 2011 Tohoku tsunami?. Marine Geology, 357, pp. 344-361.
- Ma, G., Shi, F., Hsiao, S. C., and Wu, Y. T. (2014). Non-hydrostatic modeling of wave interactions with porous structures. Coastal Engineering, 91, pp. 84-98.
- Ma, G., Su, S. F., Liu, S., and Chu, J. C. (2014). Numerical simulation of infragravity waves in fringing reefs using a shock-capturing non-hydrostatic model. Ocean Engineering (85), pp. 54-64.
- Reckley, A. R., Hsu, W. W., Chen, C. H., Ma, G., and Huang, E. W. (2014). Sensor selection and integration to improve video segmentation in complex environments. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2014, pp. doi:10.1155/2014/654790.
- Ma, G., Chou, Y. J., and Shi, F. (2014). A wave-resolving model for nearshore suspended sediment transport. Ocean Modelling, 77, pp. 33-49.
- Ma, G., Shi, F., Liu, S., and Qi, D. (2013). Migration of sediment deposition due to the construction of large-scale structures in Changjiang Estuary. Applied Ocean Research, 43, pp. 148-156.
- Ma, G., Kirby, J. E., and Shi, F. (2013). Numerical simulation of tsunami waves generated by deformable submarine landslides. Ocean Modelling, 69, pp. 146-165.
- Ma, G., Kirby, J. T., Su, S., Figlus, J., and Shi, F. (2013). Numerical study of turbulence and wave damping induced by vegetation canopies. Coastal Engineering, 80, pp. 68-78.
- Ma, G., Shi, F., and Kirby, J. T. (2012). Shock-capturing non-hydrostatic model for fully dispersive surface wave processes. Ocean Modelling, 43-44, pp. 22-35.
- Sheng, Y., Lapetina, A., and Ma, G. (2012). The reduction of storm surge by vegetation canopies: Three-dimensional simulations. Geophysical Research Letter, 39 (L20601), pp. doi: 10.1029/2012GL053577.
- Ma, G., Shi, F., and Kirby, J. T. (2011). A polydisperse two-fluid model for surf zone bubble simulation. Journal of Geophysical Research, 116 (C05010), pp. doi: 10.1029/2010JC006667.
- Ma, G., Shi, F., Liu, S., and Qi, D. (2011). Hydrodynamic modeling of Changjiang Estuary: model skill assessment and large-scale structure impacts. Applied Ocean Research, 33, pp. 69-78.
- Shi, F., Kirby, J. T., and Ma, G. (2010). Modeling quiescent phase transport of air bubbles induced by breaking waves. Ocean Modelling, 35, pp. 105-117.
- Ma, G., Liu, S., and Qi, D. (2007). Study of back-silting strength in the northern passage channel of Changjiang Estuary. Acta Oceanologica Sinica, 26, pp. 56-64.
- Ma, G., Liu, S., and Qi, D. (2006). Three dimensional hydrodynamic model of Yangtze Estuary. Journal of Hydrodynamics, 21, pp. 53-61.
- 2013 ASCE ExCEEd Teaching Fellow
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Ma, G. "How Do Climate Change And Sea Level Rise Affect The Extreme Wave Heights In The Chesapeake Bay?" $5,499. Other. June 1, 2016 - May 31, 2017
- Ma, G. "Collaborative Research: The interaction of waves, tidal currents and river outflows and their effects on the delivery and resuspension of sediments in the near field" . Federal. September 1, 2013 - August 31, 2016