- McKittrick, M. L. (May 19, 2012). You Have Earned a Trophy: Traditional Grading Levels Up Oral Presentation presented at Computers and Writing 2012: Architexture: Composing and Constructing Digital Spaces Raleigh, NC.
- McKittrick, M. L. (March 29, 2012). The Video 'Game-ification' of Extra Credit: Incentivizing Successful Habits of Mind Oral Presentation presented at The 33rd Annual Spring Conference on the Teaching of Writing Norfolk, VA.
- McKittrick, M. L. (February 24, 2012). Learning to Love Learning: Motivating Students Video Game-style Oral Presentation presented at 47th Annual Two-Year College English Association Conference: Virginia is for Lovers of Teaching and Writing Virginia Beach, VA.
- McKittrick, M. (2011). “A Gamers’ Guide to Rhetoric: Utilizing the Common Ground between Video Game Design and Pedagogy.” presented at Rhetoric Society of Old Dominion University Symposium Norfolk, VA.
- McKittrick, M. (2010). “Fall into the Gap: The Pedagogical Opportunities Afforded by Recording Devices.” presented at 31st Annual Spring Conference on the Teaching of Writing Norfolk, VA.
- McKittrick, M., and Shaffer, E. (2009). “Intellectual Property and Copyrights for Non-traditional Compositions: Opening the Conversation for Instructors.” presented at 30th Annual Spring Conference on the Teaching of Writing Norfolk, VA.
- McKittrick, M., and Shaffer, E. (2009). “Criminal Composers? Where Copyright Meets Composition Studies.” presented at 60th Annual Conference on College Composition and Communication San Fransisco, CA.
- Participant, ODU Last Lecture Series, Division of Student Affairs
- Shining Star Faculty Award, Division of Student Affairs, Old Dominion University