Fall Formal Recruitment (FFR) is the process by which a woman, who is attending ODU as an undergraduate student, can become a member of one of the 6 Panhellenic sororities. FFR is a mutual selection process where the prospective members and the chapters get to know each other and make membership selections. Each day, the chapters will make invitation lists and prospective members will narrow down their selections for the following rounds.
Fraternity & Multicultural Chapter Recruitment
The Interfraternity Council and National Pan-Hellenic Council & Multicultural Chapters do not hold formal recruitment events. If you are intereted in a particular chapter students are encouraged to contact them directly. If you have general questions please contact Leadership & Student Involvement.
Prospective Member's Bill of Rights
- The right to be treated as an individual.
- The right to be fully informed about the recruitment/intake process.
- The right to ask questions and receive true and objective answers for recruitment guides and chapter members.
- The right to be treated with respect.
- The right to be treated as a capable and mature person without being patronized.
- The right to ask how and why and received straight answers.
- The right to have and express opinions to chapter members.
- The right to make informed choices without undue pressure from others.
- The right to make ones own choice and decision and accept full responsibility for the results of that decision.
- The right to have a positive, safe and enriching recruitment/intake experience.
Questions to Ask
- Why did you join your chapter?
- How many members are in your chapter?
- What are the financial obligations of joining your chapter?
- How much does it REALLY cost?
- What are the other requirements of joining this chapter?
- How will this chapter help me succeed academically?
- How much time will I have to set aside for my Fraternity & Sorority involvement?
- Can this chapter guarantee that I won't be hazed?
- What did you look for when you were exploring Fraternity & Sorority Life at ODU?
- What is this chapter "known" for on campus?
- What is your involvement with other Fraternity & Sorority chapters on campus?
- What will happen if I have a class conflict and have to miss a meeting or event?
- What are the advantages of being a member of this chapter?
- What does this chapter have to offer me?
- How important is community service to your chapter?