Old Dominion University Staff Dream Fund was established in 2008 to help deserving employees realize a long-held dream. The staff dream fund will provide monetary awards and up to five days of paid time off for staff members to fulfill their dream - pursuing studies in an area unrelated to work, traveling to another country or visiting family far away, for example. The award is not intended to address personal hardship situations, emergencies or job-related professional development.
- Full-time classified employees and full-time administrative and professional faculty who have worked at the University for a minimum of five years.
- Satisfactory or higher performance evaluations and no active disciplinary actions.
- Satisfactory or higher performance evaluation and no active disciplinary actions.
- Applications are reviewed by a selection committee that includes representatives from each vice presidential area, HACE and AUA.
- Recipients will be selected on the merits of their proposal, their past service and promise of future service to the University.
- The winner will be announced in April and funding will be made available in July.
Proposal packets must contain:
- Letter stating the dream, the reasons for it, budget and financial plan for achieving the dream.
- Letter of support from a direct supervisor indicating the candidate is a valuable and meritorious employee; (CLICK HERE)
- A letter of support from an Old Dominion colleague; (CLICK HERE)
- Brief resume;
- Statement of intent to remain at Old Dominion University for the foreseeable future..
Note: Proposals must be received in Human Resources not later than 4:00 p.m., Monday, March 3, 2014.
If you have questions or require assistance in completing a proposal packet, please contact Tony Belk, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 683-3046 in the Department of Human Resources.