Who We Are
Study Abroad prepares ODU students for success in a world of interconnected peoples, cultures, and environments.
To offer and support quality, academically rigorous and diverse education abroad programs and services for ODU students.
- Integrity — We interact with students, faculty, staff, our educational partners, and each other in a respectful, transparent and honest manner.
- Service Excellence — We strive to facilitate meaningful education abroad experiences for ODU students by providing accurate, responsive, and high-quality service.
- Diversity — We offer a wide range of education abroad program models, curricular opportunities, and geographic locations in recognition of the diverse backgrounds and academic interests of ODU students.
- Intercultural Development — We endeavor to foster intercultural competencies development through the programs we offer and support as well as an appreciation for and understanding of our interconnected human and natural environments. We base our actions on our shared belief in the transformative nature of international education.
- Collaboration — We seek a win-win outcome for all involved.
Meet Our Team
Michael Dean serves as Deputy Director of the Center for Global Engagement at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA where he has worked since 2001. In this role, he works with students, faculty, and staff to expand study abroad/study away opportunities as well as to further develop Old Dominion University's global engagement efforts.
Michael has a Master's degree from the University of Pittsburgh's Graduate School for Public and International Affairs and a certificate in Latin American Studies from the Center for Latin American Studies. He has served in a variety of leadership positions with NAFSA: Association of International Educators at the local, regional, and national level. Michael believes deeply in the power of international education to transform lives and help make the world a better place. It is this belief that fuels his passion for international education and why he has dedicated his life to it.
Michael lives in Norfolk with his wife and two children. They enjoy traveling, live music, and seeking new adventures whenever an opportunity presents itself.
Logan is the Study Abroad Coordinator in the Center for Global Engagement at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA, where he has worked since July 2019. His primary responsibilities revolve around managing and developing faculty-led study abroad programs, working with students and faculty to ensure these programs are accessible, impactful learning experiences. Logan has a Masters degree from Troy University in International Relations. Prior to ODU he served in the education abroad offices of Arizona State University and Georgia Tech. Having had the fortunate opportunities to study and work abroad himself, Logan knows firsthand the transformative power of abroad experiences and works daily to help others have access to the same chances.
Logan lives in Norfolk with his wife Natalie and their dog, Petunia. They enjoy eating, talking about eating, exploring near and far, and binge-watching television shows.
Mary Crepeau serves as the Office Manager in the Office of Study Abroad. Her primary responsibilities include budgeting, scheduling, and keeping the office running smoothly. She has a wealth of experience both in higher education and the travel industry where she worked for Continental Airlines for twenty years.
Mary's work and personal travel have led her to Belgium, Canada, Cayman Islands, England, France, and Germany. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, spending time with family, and relaxing at the beach.