- Literacy amongst indigenous communities in colonial America. Early Native writers. Dynamics of contact in colonial period.
- Lopenzina, A. (2016). Letter from Barnstable Jail: William Apess and the Memorial of the Mashpee Indians. Journal of Native American and Indigenous Studies, 3 (2), pp. 105-127.
- Lopenzina, A. (2015). Le Jeune Dreams of Moose: Altered States among the Montagnais and the Transnationalism of Dreaming. Early American Studies, 13 (1), pp. 3-37.
- Lopenzina, A. (2014). The Wedding of John Rolfe and Pocahontas: How to Keep the Thrill Alive after 400 Years of Marriage. Studies in American Indian Literatures, 26 (4), pp. 59-77.
- Lopenzina, A. (2010). What to the American Indian is the Fourth of July?: Looking Beyond Abolitionist Rhetoric in William Apess "Eulogy on King Philip". American Literature, 82 (4), pp. 673-699.
- Lopenzina, A. (2006). The Whole Wilderness shall Blossom as the Rose’: Samson Occom, Joseph Johnson and the Question of Native Settlement on Cooper’s Frontier. American Quarterly, 58 (4), pp. 1119-1145.
- Lopenzina, A. (2003). ‘Good Indian’: Charles Eastman and the Warrior as Civil Servant. American Indian Quarterly, 27 (3-4), pp. 727-757.
- Lopenzina, A. (2017). Through an Indian’s Looking Glass: A Cultural Biography of William Apess, Pequot. Amherst: University of Massachusetts Press.
- Lopenzina, A. (2012). Red Ink: Native Americans Picking up the Pen in the Colonial Period. Albany: SUNY Press.
- Lopenzina, A. (2016). Early Native Literature.Routledge Companion to Native American Literatures (pp. 317-327). New York: Routledge Press.
- Lopenzina, A. (2016). The Pequot War.50 Events That Shaped American Indian History; An Encyclopedia of the American Mosaic (pp. 91-108). Santa Barabara, California: Greenwood Press.
- Lopenzina, A. (2013). American Literature up to 1800.American Literary Scholarship (pp. 213-238). Chapell Hill: Duke University Press.
- Lopenzina, A. (2010). Shadow Casting: Survivance and the Problem of Historical Recovery.Gerald Vizenor: Text and Contexts (pp. 208-230). Albuquerque: University of New Mexico Press.
- Lopenzina, A. (2009). Compromised Currencies: Why Samson Occom is not Pictured on the One Hundred Dollar Bill.Sovereignty, Separatism and Survivance: Ideological Encounters in the Literature of Native North America (pp. 17-45). Newcastle, UK: Cambridge Scholars Press.
- Lopenzina, A. (2002). On Becoming a Witness.What to Expect When You’re Expected to Teach (pp. 55-62). Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann Publishing.
- 2016: Silver Star Teaching Award
- 2011: Award for Outstanding Service in SHSU Faculty Senate, Sam Houston State University
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Lopenzina, A. "Elizabeth Hixon Fellowship for Literary Scholarship" $20,000. 2015 - 2015
- Lopenzina, A. "Kate B. & Hall J. Peterson Fellowship resulting in a month long residency at the American Antiquarian Society" $1,800. 2014 - 2014
- Lopenzina, A. "American Antiquarian Society’s week long summer seminar on Indigenous Cultures of Print in Early America, Worcester, MA" $1,000. June, 2013 - June, 2013