Living-Learning Communities (LLCs) provide students the opportunity to live and engage with other students who have similar academic, professional, and/or co-curricular interests. LLCs require enrollment in specific courses.
Theme Communities (TCs) are designed to provide students with an opportunity to engage with other students in a residential community surrounding a particular theme or topic area of interest. These communities are provided with educational and social events to further explore that topic of interest.
Why should I participate?
Benefits of participating in a Living-Learning or Theme Community:
- Connecting with peers that share similar academic interests and career pursuits
- Access to in-hall academic peer mentors, tutoring, study groups or tables, etc.
- More interaction with college faculty and networking opportunities
- Experiencing a smoother transition to college
- Participating in events/activities outside of the classroom
- Resident Assistants (RAs) & Peer Mentors (PMs) with academic interest or personal passions that are similar students in the LLC