Welcome to the Monarch Nation! Mini Monarch Orientation will be hosted in-person for students transferring 24 or more credits. First time in college students (freshmen) and students transferring 23 or fewer credits are not eligible to participate in Mini Monarch Orientation and must participate in Monarch Orientation. During this optional afternoon program, participants will have the opportunity to complete pre-enrollment tasks, academic advising, and course registration.
While program participation is optional, all incoming students are required to complete the pre-enrollment tasks identified on the Admitted Student Checklist found in the MyODU portal.
Preparing for Mini Monarch Orientation
Your admissions deposit must be paid and processed before you will be able to log in to the registration site. Processing typically takes 3 business days for online payments and longer for checks mailed to the University.
If you have questions about your admissions deposit, please contact Admissions at 757-683-3685.
For students, the cost of orientation programming is included in the $75 New Student Transition Fee, which the University assesses to all new, degree-seeking, non-distance undergraduates. This fee is included on the tuition bill and not assessed at the time of reservation.
There is a $15.00 guest fee for program participation and is due at the time of registration. Payment is not required for guests age 8 and under. There are no refunds for guests.
For students attending Mini Monarch Orientation: An AD hold has been placed on each student account. These holds are placed on students' accounts prior to registration each semester until they meet with an advisor. This is done to ensure that students are enrolling in the courses they need and are on track to graduate in a timely manner. The hold is removed at Monarch Orientation so please do not contact an advisor prior to attending, if Monarch Orientation is required.
For students not attending Mini Monarch Orientation: An AD hold has been placed on each student account. These holds are placed on students' accounts prior to registration each semester until they meet with an advisor. This is done to ensure that students are enrolling in the courses they need and are on track to graduate in a timely manner. In order to have the hold removed, please contact an advisor from this directory based on college and major.
Mini Monarch Orientation is an optional half day program from 1PM-5PM. During Mini Monarch Orientation, students receive important information about the University, speak with an academic advisor, have an opportunity to learn about various campus offices and resources, and register for classes.
Mini Monarch Orientations occur throughout the summer, running from mid-May through August. Mini Monarch Orientation sessions occur on weekdays; there are no weekend dates.
Monarch Orientation dates fill on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students can view available dates in the reservation system.
- Go to the myODU portal and log in with your MIDAS credentials. If intending to bring a family member/guest, please have a credit card ready as guest fees must be paid at time of reservation.
- On the left-hand side of the page, click "Checklist".
- Click the green button labeled "Register" under Register for Monarch Orientation.
- Complete steps 1-5 of the Orientation Reservation.
- Step 1 - Student Information: name, preferred name, phone number, email
- Step 2 - Major: This will display the major indicated by the student on the application. Students can change their major in this step.
- Step 3 - Select Your Orientation Date: All available session dates will be displayed. When a session reaches capacity, it will no longer be displayed.
- Step 4 - Add a Family Member/Guest: Students can add up to 8 family members/guests. There is a $15.00 fee assessed per guest that must be paid at the time of registration. Note there are no refunds for guests and payment is not required for guests 8 and under.
- Step 5 - Submit: Students will be redirected to review and submit their reservation.
- On the review page, students will review the information that they have entered for steps 1-4 and then be asked to submit or submit and pay for their reservation.
- For students paying for family members/guests, you will be redirected to the payment portal. Students must submit payment within 15 minutes of accessing the payment portal or their reservation will time-out. A reservation is not complete without payment.
- Upon submission, students will see a confirmation page and receive a confirmation email to their ODU email.
Access the Orientation Reservation system, click the "Edit Reservation" button, and make adjustments as needed. There are no refunds for guest fees.
Students wishing to change their major may access the Orientation Reservation system, click the "Edit Reservation" button, and make adjustments as needed. All changes must be submitted through the system. Students will be advised at orientation based on the major listed on their reservation.
Students wishing to change their date may access the Orientation Reservation system, click the "Edit Reservation" button, and select an available date.Orientation sessions have capacity limits - students will only be able to add themselves into dates with open seats.
Students may email email@example.com to cancel their reservations. Please include your 8 digit University ID Number (UIN) on all correspondence.
If a student is no longer planning to attend the University, please complete the Cancellation of Enrollment form to notify all of the relevant campus offices of the decision to withdraw. Once we have received that notification, we will cancel the Mini Monarch Orientation reservation.
Make a Reservation
Students interested in participating in Mini Monarch Orientation may click the button below to register.