Enterprising Partnerships for Academic Excellence
The Strome College of Business at Old Dominion University delivers innovative and transformative education by collaborating with business, industry, and organizational partners. The Strome College of business advances learning beyond the traditional classroom by bridging real-world business and industry to the world-class faculty, research, and teachings underway in the Strome College of Business for an unparalleled exchange of ideas and practical expertise. Serving a community of nearly 3,500 students and 25,000 alumni, the Strome College of Business offers specialized areas of study in maritime and supply chain management, business analytics, information sciences, government contracting and procurement, and entrepreneurship, in addition to other traditional business disciplines.
Companies and organizations are invited for membership in the Strome College of Business' select corporate circle, Strome Partners. Strome Partners transforms the academic experience by providing support for scholarships, experiential real-world learning opportunities, research, and many other enterprising initiatives that advance excellence in business education. Membership in Strome Partners also helps your company or organization advance its corporate goals and strategic decision making with customized access to faculty experts and resources. Strome Partners, established in 2014 in recognition of ODU alumnus Mark Strome, his wife, Tammy, and their Strome Family Foundation, recognizes the importance of attracting and retaining partnerships to expose our students to the core strategies and practical experiences that forge success in today's competitive and adaptive business world.
Current Strome Partners
Membership & Benefits
Strome Partners members give and annual gift of $5,000 to the Strome College of Business for a term of five years ($25,000 total). This distinguished community of members represents regional and national partners uniquely aligned with the Strome College of Business to enjoy the following benefits:
Strome Partners ($25,000: $5,000 annual gift for five years)
- Private lunch with Dean of the Strome College of Business
- Custom tour and presentation for your company employees in the Gregory A. Lumsden Trading Room & Laboratory in the Strome College of Business and the Strome Entrepreneurial Center
- Strategic employment and internship recruitment support
- Invitations to College-sponsored special events including the State of the College Address
- Access to renowned faculty experts and researchers related to your field of business
- Recognition plaque for your company located on the Strome Partners Wall in the Strome College of Business
- Representation at the Strome College of Business Career Symposium
- Acknowledgement of support in all College-sponsored marketing and media materials
- Opportunities to serve the College community in various leadership and advisory roles including student mentors, guest speakers, internship and experiential activity hosts, and board membership in one of the College's seven centers of study
With annual support, the Strome College of Business will continue advancing excellence in business education, while providing Strome Partners the unique opportunity to optimize outreach and collaboration with the integration of relevant faculty and student resources. It's and exciting time to be a part of business education and the Strome College of Business at Old Dominion University.
Thank you for your support.