- Russian empire, Sino-Soviet relations, Socialist bloc exchange
- Jersild, A. (2018). Sino-Soviet Relations, Decolonization, and the Global Cold War. Kritika: Explorations in Russian and Eurasian History, 19 (1), pp. 217--224.
- Jersild, A., and co-edited with Babiracki, P. (2016). Socialist Internationalism in the Cold War: Exploring the Second World. London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Jersild, A. (2014). The Sino-Soviet Alliance: An International History. Chapel Hill, North Carolina: University of North Carolina Press.
- Jersild, A. (2002). Orientalism and Empire: North Caucasus Mountain Peoples and the Georgian Frontier, 1845-1917. Montreal: McGill-Queen's University Press.
- 2016: Research Fellow, Berlin Center for Cold War Studies / Berliner Kolleg Kalter Krieg
- 2008: Fulbright Research Scholar, Russia and Czech Republic, Fulbright Foundation
- 2007: National Research Award, National Council for Eurasian and East European Research
- 2006: Kennan Institute, Short-Term Research Scholar, Woodrow Wilson Center
- 2004: American Councils for International Education, Combined Research and Language (Chinese), Moscow
- 2000: American Councils for International Education, Combined Research and Language (Georgian), Tbilisi, Georgia
- 1999: American Councils for International Education (fee-for-support), Tbilisi, Georgia
- 1997: Kennan Institute, Research Scholar, Woodrow Wilson Center
- 1995: Research Scholar, Hoover Institute of Stanford University