R. Michael Robinson
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Virginia Modeling, Analysis & Simulation Center
- modeling and simulation, transportation operations, evacuations, pedestrian modeling, agent based models
- Foytik, P., and Robinson, R. M. (2017). Weighting critical infrastructure dependencies to facilitate evacuations. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction
- Elzie, T., Frydenlund, E., Collins, A., and Robinson, R. M. (2015). Conceptualizing intragroup and intergroup dynamics within a controlled crowd evacuation.. Journal of emergency management (Weston, Mass.), 13 (2), pp. 109-20.
- Collins, A., Frydenlund, E., Foytik, P., and Jordan, C. A. Generic Incident Model for Investigating Traffic Incident Impacts on Evacuation Times in Large-Scale Emergencies. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board
- Collins, A. J., Frydenlund, E., Elzie, T., and Robinson, R. M. (2014). Do Groups Matter? An Agent-based Modeling Approach to Pedestrian Egress, Delft, the Netherlands, Transportation Research Procedia Vol. 2 (2014) pp. 430–435. Transportation Research Procedia, 2, pp. 430-435.