- Digital media studies; technical communication & rhetoric; interdisciplinary theory
- Tucker, V. M. (2019). Virtual Collaboration in Distance Learning Environments: A Case Study. International Journal of Online Pedagogy and Course Design, 9 (4), pp. 18-30.
- Cunningham, L., Kirkscey, R., Reynolds-Dyk, A., Small, N., Tran, C., and Tucker, V. M. (2015). Rhetorical Grounding & an Agile Attitude: Complex Systems, Multi-Genre Testing, & Service Learning in UX. Journal of Usability Studies, 10 (4),
- Tucker, V. M. (2015). Using Social Media for Student Collaboration. Journal of Faculty Development, 29 (2), pp. 45-56.
- Tucker, V. M. (2013). Facebooking in Distance Education: Constructing Virtual Communities of Practice. CBNU Journal of Educational Research, 33 (3),
- Tucker, V. M. (2012). Listening for the squeaky wheel: Designing Distance Writing Program Assessment. Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration, 15 (4),
- Tucker, V. M. (2012). How is a forum community like a classroom? A rhetorical analysis of error response in an online discourse community. Computers & Composition Online
- Tucker, V. M. (2009). Bringing Abnormal Discourse into the Classroom. Praxis: A Writing Center Journal, 7 (1),
- Tucker, V. M. (2016). Contact and Interactivity 15 Years Later.Writing Studies Online: Dialogues for Stakeholders. IGI Global.
- Tucker, V. M. (2015). Communication via Cyberplay at Work, School, and Play.Communication and Emerging Media: What's Trending Now
- Tucker, V. M. (2014). Trimming the Information.Practical Composition for the English Classroom from Working Instructors. McFarland.
- Tucker, V. M. (2013). From Gamers to Grammarians: How Online Gaming is Changing the Nature of Digital Discourse in the Classroom.Online Education 2.0: Evolving, Adapting, and Reinventing Online Technical Communication. Baywood.
- Romberger-Depew, J. E., and Tucker, V. M. (October, 2019). Moving Forward, Looking Back: An Actor Network Theory Trace of a B.S. Proposal Oral Presentation presented at CPTSC Annual Conference West Chester University.
- Tucker, V. M. (May 23, 2014). A Literacy of Collaboration Oral Presentation presented at Tech Comm & Rhetoric Seminar Lubbock TX.
- Tucker, V. M., and Tucker, V. (March 27, 2014). Reworking the 12-step Interdisciplinary Analysis to support I/D Brainstorming Oral Presentation presented at Annual Spring Conference on the Teaching of Writing.
- Tucker, V. M. (May 28, 2012). Facebook and Virtual Community Oral Presentation presented at Seminar in Technical Communication & Rhetoric Lubbock, TX.
- Tucker, V. M. (April 17, 2012). Facebooking in Distance Education Oral Presentation presented at TCC Worldwide Online Conference Hawaii.
- Tucker, V. M. (May 24, 2010). Why should I use the Virtual Classroom in my face-to-face classes? Poster presented at Center for Learning Technologies Summer Institute: Engaging Modern Minds Norfolk, VA.
- Tucker, V. M., and Oliver, M. (April, 2005). Assessing Student Writing through E-Portfolios Oral Presentation presented at Spring Writing Conference Norfolk, VA.
- 2015: Shining Star Award, Old Dominion University, Division of Student Engagement and Enrollment of Student Affairs