The University Licensing office protects and promotes the marks, names, and logos of Old Dominion University.
Through a partnership with the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), our office monitors use of the university's indicia and manages more than 180 licensees producing products bearing the institution's logos.
Revenues generated through the University Licensing program are used to support scholarships for our students.
Products bearing ODU Trademarks, the university name or a specific department logo must be purchased from a licensed manufacturer. Browse our list of ODU-approved licensed vendors for ordering your promotional products.
Know how, when, and where to use the names, marks, and logos of Old Dominion University with these general guidelines.
Learn more about university trademarks and how to use them.
Find information about approved fonts, stationery layouts, use of logos and approved companion marks.
- Ensure proper control and use of Trademarks associated with Old Dominion University;
- Establish the process of granting authorization for legitimate internal and third-party use of University Trademarks;
- Ensure that the University generates revenue for its students and programs through a reasonable license royalty for the use of its trademarks;
- Protect all University Trademarks from unauthorized uses; and
- Promote the University in a consistent and uniform manner to protect its reputation, name and image by permitting only appropriate uses by officially licensed vendors and assuring that only quality products bear the University's Trademarks, to protect the consumer from inferior products bearing University Trademarks.