The Office of Intercultural Relations is committed to raising awareness of the vast contributions that Native Americans have made to our Nation. We strive to create a culture of inquiry whereby the Monarch community can be engaged and obtain knowledge of events that shaped Native Americans' tumultuous history following the arrival of foreign settlers and delve into current cultural and social dilemmas that threaten their society. Furthermore, our programs, activities, and events will honor and celebrate the rich impact of Native people.
A student affinity group dedicated to promoting community and a sense of belonging for our Native American student population.
Native American Heritage Month
Native American Heritage Month is celebrated in November to honor the history, diverse culture, and important contributions of the Native people who came first.
ODU Campus Groups
Join ODU student organizations and explore ways to engage with the diverse Monarch community.
Native Americans at a Glance
Native Americans in the U.S.
Explore the demographics of the Native American population.
Indigenous People’s Day
Explore the history of indigenous peoples and their indigenous day.
Native American History Timeline
Read a Native American history timeline on history.com.
- Native American Press Archive - Explore the National Archives' resources on Native Americans.
- Native American-Owned Business Opportunities - Visit the Small Business Administration's website to explore opportunities in contracting, business development, and other programs for Native American small business owners.
- National Congress of American Indians - NCAI is the oldest, largest and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization serving the broad interests of tribal governments and communities.
- Native American Rights Fund - Help the Native American to honor their past and their future.
- Indian Country Today Media Network - The Newest Media about Native American.
- Native American Community Development Institute (NACDI) - The Native American Community in Development Institute is there to help.
- American Indian College Fund - Provides financial support for Native American students and tribal colleges and universities.
- Smithsonian Institute Internships - The Smithsonian offers Fellowships, Internships, and Smithsonian Opportunities for Study and Research (SORS) Guides.
- American Meteorological Society Scholarships - AMS is committed to advancing weather, water, and climate science and service.
- Native American Scholarships - Find your best scholarship as an Native American.
- Association on American Indian Affairs - AAIA fights to protect Native American Cultural Sovereignty by Preserving Culture Educating Youth Protecting Sovereignty Building Capacity.