Bruker D2 Phaser X-ray powder diffractometer, Cu Kalpha radiation, Bragg-Brentano (reflection) geometry, theta-theta configuration, sample spinner, LynxEye detector. Sample holders: Si low background flat-plate holder; 1mm depth x 2.5 cm diameter PMMA holder; flat plate holder for air sensitive materials
X-ray Powder Diffraction Services
- Room temperature data collection for crystal phase identification, most often to check reaction products (as powders) to evaluate/improve experimental synthetic conditions.
- Submission of proposals to obtain synchrotron X-ray powder diffraction data (room or low temperature), and data analysis.
- Indexing and unit-cell parameters refinement.
- Crystal structure determination of organic, organo-metallic or inorganic materials from powders (indexing, space group symmetry determination, calculation of atomic coordinates and Rietveld refinement).
- Qualitative and quantitative phase analysis.
- Searches in the Cambridge Structural Database.
- Elaboration of figures and Crystallographic Information Files (CIF) for publication in scientific journals (experimental conditions, tables of atomic coordinates, molecular geometry, etc.).