Check-In for New International Students
All international students coming to ODU for the first time and international students returning to start a new academic program must check in with Visa & Immigration Service Advising (VISA). An "international student" is an individual from another country who does not have a green card or a U.S. passport.
For incoming NEW students, check-in will take place in person.
International students returning to start a new academic program can check-in with us virtually.
Required Documents for Check-In for DEGREE-SEEKING Students
- Completed check-in form with your U.S. address (even if temporary)
- A copy of your passport ID page
- All visa documentation (e.g. current and previous I-20/DS-2019s, visa stamp, proof of visa status change, etc.)
- Your I-94 entry record
- Your I-901 SEVIS fee receipt (F-1 and J-1 visa holders only)
- For new graduate assistants: your offer letter with all of the required information
International Students on a visa status other than F or J
If you are an international student and your visa status is not F or J please complete the check-in form and email it to VISA along with any proof of visa status (I-797 approval notice, visa stamp, etc.)
Please e-mail VISA with your UIN and student email address for information on what you will need to do for the removal of your check-in hold.
Summer 2022 Check-In
By Appointment Only. Please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Fall 2022 Check-In Dates and Times
Wednesdays: July 20, July 27 and August 3rd from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Monday - Friday: Monday, August 8th to Tuesday, September 6th from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Required Info Sessions (F1 and J1 Visa Holders)
Required Info Sessions (F-1s & J-1s)
- Thursday, August 18| 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm | Dragas 2120
- Wednesday, August 24| 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm | Dragas 2120
- Friday, August 26 | 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm | Dragas 2120
- Tuesday, August 30 | 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm | Dragas 2008
- Friday, September 9 | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm | Dragas 2008