CourseLeaf is a catalog management system that allows for electronic workflows and integrates with Banner for paperless catalog preparation. There are two modules within CourseLeaf, Catalog (CAT) and Course Inventory Management (CIM). CourseLeaf is designed for intuitive editing, manageable workflows, and on demand publishing to web, mobile, tablet, and print PDF platforms.
Benefits of CourseLeaf
- Centralized electronic information source.
- Electronic workflow to ensure proper approval of catalog and course changes.
- Integration with Banner
- Paperless catalog updates
Participants must register to attend. Once you have registered for the training you will receive the Zoom link to attend. Classified, hourly, wage, and student employees are required to obtain supervisory approval prior to registering.
How to Register
- Click on one of the session dates in the block below to RSVP. then complete the online form to register.
- Email link to training - Registrants will receive a meeting invitation with the Zoom link to attend the training prior to the session.
- New User to CourseLeaf? Prior to training, please verify you can log in to CourseLeaf. To test your login ability, go to nextcatalog.odu.edu and try to sign in using your Midas ID and password. If you have difficulty, please contact either Theresa Mathews (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Missy Barber (email@example.com) for assistance prior to your training session.
- To cancel or change your registration - Contact us directly for assistance.
On the Day of Training
ON THE DAY OF TRAINING:
- Arrive on time for training - If you arrive more than 15 minutes past the start time, you will not be allowed to attend.
- Duo Login will be required to access CourseLeaf. Have your phone or your fob available.
- Bring any pending course changes or proposals to the training.
- Update/Add Courses - Friday, December 9, 2022
- Submit Curricular Change Forms - Friday, December 16, 2022
- Update Catalog Content - FINAL DEADLINE for all changes - TBD
- Look for notifications from Academic Affairs and check this site for updates to submission deadlines and training dates.
Important Contact Information
CourseLeaf Training Schedule for 2023-2024 Catalog Updates
Upcoming Course Inventory Management (CIM) Training Dates:
- Tuesday, September 27, 2022 - 12:30 PM to 1:15 PM
- Friday, September 30, 2022 - 10:00 AM to 10:45 AM
- Thursday, October 6, 2022 - 12:30 PM to 1:15 PM
- Wednesday, October 12, 2022 - 4:00 PM to 4:45 PM
- Friday, November 4, 2022 - 11:00 AM to 11:45 AM
Q. How do I get authorized to use CAT?
A. New users can obtain access to CAT by asking your department chair to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the undergraduate catalog or to email@example.com for the graduate catalog. The email should include your name, your Midas ID, and the catalog page(s) you need access to.
Q. How do I get authorized to use CIM?
A. New users can obtain access to CIM by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the undergraduate catalog or to email@example.com for the graduate catalog. The email should include your name and Midas ID.
Q. Is CourseLeaf training offered?
A. Yes, CourseLeaf training is offered. CIM training is offered in the fall semester and CAT training is offered in the spring semester. Announcements are sent out advertising the training.
Q. What is the best browser to use with CourseLeaf?
A. The best browser to use is Mozilla Firefox (versions 10+) .
Q. How do I log in to CourseLeaf?
Q. When logging in to CourseLeaf, a box displays that says I am not fully logged in. What should I do?
A. Just click on the box to complete the log in process.
Q. How do I log out of CourseLeaf?
A. There is not a log out button, just close your browser window to exit the software.
Q. It looks like I am logged in, but the system isn't working. What should I do?
A. First, try to refresh the page. If that does not work, then close the browser window, clear your Cache/browsing history, and then try to log in again.
Q. How will I know if I have a page or a course to approve?
A. You will get an email from Catalog Editor letting you know you have an action to approve. Click on the link in the email.