Learn more about becoming a graduate student at ODU.
What is Needed for Admission
Criteria used for admission include the candidate's
- score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) preferably or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE),
- undergraduate grade averages and trend of the grades during the undergraduate work,
- one letter of reference from a professor (if currently a student) or supervisor,
- a goals statement (approximately 500 words), and work experience (resume).
Prospective students may apply for entrance into the program for the summer, fall or spring semesters. The MBA Program welcomes applications from men and women who have earned a bachelor's degree with any undergraduate major from a regionally accredited institution. Admission to the program is competitive and is granted only to those who show high ability and likely success in graduate business study. Evidence of ability means that applicants stand well above average on most criteria.
How to Submit Your Application
- All applications must be completed online.
- If you plan to take ALL of your courses online, then apply for the Online program by selecting the Business Administration - Distance Learning application.
- If you think you might take even 1 credit hour on-campus, apply for Blended or On-campus by selecting the Business Administration - Professional application.
- Materials for non-visa bearing students should be submitted to Graduate Admissions, 1000 Rollins Hall, Norfolk, VA 23529, 757-683-3685 (office), 757-683-6512 (fax) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you will be submitting your application in stages, please be certain to complete the application first to ensure that all supporting materials attach to your portfolio efficiently.
- Domestic student application issues, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office at 757-683-3685, toll-free 800-348-7926 or email email@example.com.
- Visa bearing students should contact the Office of International Admissions, 2101 Dragas Hall, Norfolk, VA 23529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application (available only online), including resume & essay
Applying for the Online program only, select the Business Administration - Distance Learning application.
Applying for Blended or On-campus, select the Business Administration - Professional application.
$50 Application Fee (waived for ODU alumni)
Tuition Rate Determination Form (for in-state tuition purposes)
Official GMAT / GRE scores*
ALL official transcripts for undergraduate & graduate coursework
Letter of recommendation
Official TOEFL scores (international students only)
GMAT/GRE Waiver Instructions & Form
Please read the instructions before completing the waiver form.
|Fall Semester||Domestic Students
|Spring Semester||Domestic Students
|Summer Semester||Domestic Students
GMAT / GRE Information & Resources
Applicants that do not meet waiver criteria are required to submit official GMAT or GRE scores regardless of their educational or professional background. Scores are valid for five years.
For more information regarding the GMAT, call 1.800.GMAT.NOW or visit MBA.com.
For more information regarding the GRE, call 1.866.473.4733 or visit the GRE website.
Learn more about becoming an international student at ODU.
How Much English Do You Need to Know?
Applicants whose native tongue is not English are also required to submit an acceptable score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The MBA Program's acceptable minimum to be admitted to the MBA Program is 550/213. The TOEFL is valid for only two years.
We may accept IELTS. The minimum acceptable score is 6.5. Please see International Admissions for further information.
Applicants needing additional English language support may qualify for the MET program. Click here for more details.
For Consideration of Three-Year Bachelor's Degrees
- Applicants must satisfy all other requirements for admission to a graduate program
- Granting of provisional admission is subject to program approval
- Provisional admission to any graduate program is not guaranteed with the above stated requirements
- For details or to apply contact International Admissions: www.odu.edu/intladm