Learn how ODU is responding to Novel Coronavirus/COVID-19 and get answers to commonly asked questions
The Office of Risk Management is responsible for administering Old Dominion University's insurance, loss prevention initiatives, and risk management programs. Insurance products are provided through a combination of self insurance and purchased insurance while assuring acceptable risk transfer and retention for all routine and unique exposures.
Risk Management investigates and administers all property and casualty claims for the University and conducts program audits to determine vulnerabilities to distinct liability and property exposures. Support is also provided through loss prevention programs that serve to preserve the University's physical assets by utilizing a combination of facility inspections, fire protection engineering and immediate attention to reports of at-risk conditions.
We strive to provide the best possible counsel, advocacy and personal service to the campus community through our commitment to:
- Fully comprehend the unique needs of our clients
- Develop and deploy programs to prevent, control, and minimize the University's risk of loss
- Provide an effective network of innovative risk management and insurance tools and solutions
- Provide a professional, creative, and results-oriented client support team, and
- Exceed the expectations of the University community and affiliate partners